Happy Peaceful News

Loading...

Check out the flicks man....

Loading...

Hippie's Search Here Man.....

Loading...

Monday, January 3, 2011

Imagine

Aloha to all my freaks and friends...I hope that everyone had a groovy holiday and a far out New Year man...What a year it was! The energy surrounding us now, and certainly in 2010, was and is very powerful...Some are more sensitive than others to feel the happiness, sadness, and fear within the people we love and interact with, and within those we might not know, but see the happiness in their glow and the sadness in their eyes and the fear in their actions...Personally speaking, I've become more sensitive to the emotions of those around me, strangers or not...

Back in the day, it was easier to approach people and just rap about anything, good or bad...Nobody was really surprised when a guy like me, with long hair, barefoot, and smelling a bit hempish, just walked up to say "hello"...Now, unfortunately, I see many more eyes looking down instead of into the eyes of those we pass by, and sit with, and work with...My lovely wife, Maureen, laughs at me at times because I challenge myself to make others smile and to return my simple greeting, like aloha. We walk a lot around here so it's very common to pass by many people...It's far out to see a group of people walking by with their heads down and silent, until I get their attention with a smile and an aloha...Suddenly and instantly, in most cases, the entire group of people lift their heads to see me, this old hippie, still with long (gray) hair and barefoot, smiling and greeting them one by one...The groovy part is when I watch as they go by, they're all smiling and chatting instead of silent with no expressions at all...They may be smiling and chatting about me, but it doesn't matter man...For that moment in their lives, they remembered what a groovy feeling you get from a simple smile while looking directly into the eyes of another...I believe, with all of my being, if each one of you joined me by offering aloha right in the eyes of those you pass, and your friends and family joined you, and on and on, we WILL change the world...For me, 2011 is the year to change lives, change sad to happy, change fear to results, and change selfishness to giving...Please join me!

Dig this, a friend of mine in Pennsylvania, who happens to be a brilliant graphic artist (Doug Hershey at Scheffey), designed a logo for me that captures nothing but aloha and happiness...Thus, The Maui Hippie was born...I'll be putting this logo on apparel and accessories, flags, incense and jewelry packaging, and a lot of other groovy things...A good portion of the proceeds from sales will go to charities...This is an example of changing the way we think, and changing the world one hippie at a time...This will not only keep me busy with something I know and enjoy, it helps many people at many different levels...We say hāʻawi manawaleʻa which means give gladly...
I am The Maui Hippie, and proud of it man! We, the hippies, are now in our 50's and 60's with the same passion for peace and harmony we had in the groovy days...Some of us might look a little different but we're smarter and we have learned many many lessons over the years...I am making a move to re-establish, re-invent, re-educate, and recruit the young and ignorant, and the once young and forgetful to know and remember what it feels like to give, and to work hard together for a planet free of war, free of starvation, free of greed, free of possessions, and free of fear... I see people, many young, wearing shirts and bathing suits with peace signs proudly displayed, and earrings and medallions with "Love" and/or peace signs decorating their fashionable Bohemian look...Do they know what peace looks like? Do any of us? Do they realize that harmony is meant for all living things, not just their favorite band? Can they give up, and live without, some of the luxuries they've become accustom to and share that savings with others? Can any of us? Most of you have heard the song "Imagine" by John Lennon...Listen to it again, and pay attention...Better yet, here are the lyrics to read and absorb:


Imagine there's no Heaven 
It's easy if you try 
No hell below us 
Above us only sky 
Imagine all the people 
Living for today 

Imagine there's no countries 
It isn't hard to do 
Nothing to kill or die for 
And no religion too 
Imagine all the people 
Living life in peace 

You may say that I'm a dreamer 
But I'm not the only one 
I hope someday you'll join us 
And the world will be as one 

Imagine no possessions 
I wonder if you can 
No need for greed or hunger 
A brotherhood of man 
Imagine all the people 
Sharing all the world 

You may say that I'm a dreamer 
But I'm not the only one 
I hope someday you'll join us 
And the world will live as one 

Whew, I get exhausted when I try to save the world man! I need help...Thanks for taking the time and reading this blog...Actually, this blog just took off on it's own...I had a completely different direction in mind when I started...I think my heart and soul needed to ask anyone that will listen to think really hard about what's important and how our decisions effect others...In the year 2010, my daughter had a beautiful baby boy with the name of Daniel, and my other grandkids, Jacob and Haylie are happy and healthy...A couple of friends lost their lives, yet their now peaceful energy is still with me...I dealt with some unpleasant family issues, yet I don't love any of them any less...This is life...Some is sad and hurtful but most is happy and delightful...We humans have the means and ability to choose love over hate, and peace over war, and debating over shooting...Dang man! Songs keep jumping into my head that relate to what I'm trying to write...This small verse from the song "Whats Going On" by the late great Marvin Gaye, has a large message...Dig this...Father, father, we don't need to escalate...You see, war is not the answer, for only love can conquer hate...Thanks again for reading...

I'll keep everyone posted on The Maui Hippie venture...Thanks again for reading! As always, I would love some feedback, good or not so good...

Peace

3 comments:

  1. Aloha!
    Great sentiments in the post, man. I hope you will carry it on, I'vesubscribed.
    I found you via http://www.wefeelfine.org , check it out, I think you will grok it.
    Peace :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, Thank you for the inspiration to make me and the world just a little bit better one step at a time. :)

    me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahalo for lifting my spirits on what is a sad day in my city, as we say good-bye to a police officer who died in the line of duty, a man with a wife and two-year-old son. It has been an emotional four months for me as a new mom. I can always turn to your blog for an uplifting and hope-filled message.

    ReplyDelete